What fabric to choose for your baby’s clothing?
When it comes to baby clothes, organic clothing has been found to be superior over conventional cotton. Organic cotton is free of chemicals and pesticides that can harm your child’s health.
There are many benefits of choosing organic over conventional clothing, including:
- Organic fabrics have a softer texture which makes them more comfortable against your baby’s delicate skin.
- Chemicals used in conventional clothing may cause irritation or rashes on your baby’s skin.
- Conventional textile dyes contain heavy metals like lead which can be absorbed by your child through their skin and enter the bloodstream where it accumulates in organs such as the brain, kidneys, liver and bones; long term exposure to these heavy metals
Did you know?
1. Cotton is one of the most important crops in the world, and organic cotton clothing helps sustain our environment.
2. Organic cotton clothing has an increased lifespan due to less wear and tear on clothes.
3. Organic cotton clothes are more durable than regular cotton because they don’t shrink or fade as quickly.
4. The production process for organic fabrics includes no chemicals or pesticides, which means that there’s a decrease in harmful emissions into the air.
5. Buying organic clothing supports local farmers who use environmentally friendly practices like crop rotation and composting instead of chemical fertilizers.
6. There are many benefits to buying organic clothes including better quality, longer life span, higher durability, decreased environmental impact.
Sage Baby have recently launched a clothing line for babies. The first product range we have created are our organic baby onesies. Made with GOTS Certified Organic Cotton, which provides baby’s sensitive skin with the most natural fabric possible. The ribbed organic cotton fabric ensures your little one is snug and comfy all day long. The Sage Baby onesie has a simple, minimal style to ensure our onesies will be a stable piece in your babies wardrobe. Our clothes are designed to last through many washes, while maintaining their color and shape without fading or shrinking. Sage Baby cares about every detail of our products, ensuring you can trust each product to do what it says on the label; making your life easier! We hope you enjoy this new addition to Sage Baby as much as we do!